This is absolutly amazing stuffing! I recommend it for your next turkey meal. My mom got it out of a newspaper article.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 cups chopped apples, pared and cored
- 6 cups fresh white bread, cubed
- 4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon salt, or to tast
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tablespoon nutmeg
Heat butter in large skillet. Saute onion and celery until tender, about five minutes. Put onion and celery in large bowl, and use fork to lightly toss with remaining ingredients until well mixed. Stuff turkey and serve.
Yield: 12 servings.